Develop yourself into a DevOps Ninja using Travis CI
What you’ll learn
- Sign in and Signup into Github and Travis CI
How to create a Travis Configuration File and sync Github and Travis CI
Understand the concept of Continuous Integration
- Set up Cron Jobs to run your builds regularly
- Work with the different phases in any given job, Installations, Scripts, Deployments etc.
- Change your build with the modifications you like
- Run Jobs, Builds, Stages with different combinations
- Build and Deploy a website using Travis
- Notify Developers and Users using Slack, Email and HipChat
- An Internet connection
- A working Computer with either Windows/MacOS or Linux
- A desire to learn!
- Elementary knowledge of Python can help you, but not needed
Travis CI is one of the most powerful and easy to use Continuous Integration Tools out there. It is widely used for Delivery and Automation as well.
Whether you are a college student looking for a way to build your repositories(for free) or an industry professional looking for a one stop shop to manage your entire DevOps cycle. Travis can handle everything from notifications to Integration with docker.
It even integrates and sends alerts onto Slack! If you are looking to pickup a tool to manage your DevOps cycle or move on from another tool you have come to the right place!
The course is divided into sections, each independently forms a module and a course in itself. Everything is well documented and separated, so you can find what you need.
Introduction – Sign up and get your first script ready.
Concepts – Why we use Continuous Integration and how that leads us to Travis CI.
Builds – Set up your build with different stages, jobs and combine them to compose your build.
Deployments – Create your own website and deploy it.
Notifications – Know what’s going on with Integrations to Slack.
PostMan – Automate Testing with an Integration between Travis and PostMan
Multiple Branches – Apply Continuous Integration to a real life scenario with multiple branches.
- Students trying to get a quick grasp of Travis CI
- Developers looking to learn Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Developers who have used another tool to manage their builds and are now looking to move over to Travis CI
- Devs looking to deploy their code using Travis CI