A step-by-step guide to the administrative functions a good Tableau Server Administrator needs to know – Tableau
What you’ll learn
- Explain the difference between Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server.
- Understand the different role types available to Tableau users.
- Add, edit and delete users on Tableau Server.
- Assign, view and modify user permissions on Tableau Server.
- Add, modify and delete projects and related permissions.
- Access the monitoring functions within Tableau.
- Know where to go for assistance with specific questions relating to Tableau.
- Students should have access to a Tableau Server deployment with Administrator privileges.
- Students may also benefit from this course if they have Interactor privileges on a Tableau Server installation and are looking to understand the underlying functions of Tableau.
- Are you the lucky recipient of Tableau Administrator privileges?
- Are you wanting to find a way to share your amazing Tableau Desktop workbooks?
- Have you always wanted your very own Tableau Online cloud server?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this course is for you!
This course will take you through the key skills you need to effectively administrate a Tableau Server installation. And hey, if you don’t have a Server installation – this course will show you how to get one of those too!
As you already know, Tableau is a phenomenal suite of products – with Tableau Desktop being the icing on the cake. Take your skills to the next level and discover everything you need to know about Tableau to form a perfect complement to your Tableau Desktop training!
- This course is designed for Tableau users and administrators who are not familiar with the features and functions of the product.
- This course is not for advanced Server Administrators who have already mastered these core concepts and fundamental skill sets.