Quickly learn the essentials of music theory, without the unnecessary stuff!
What you’ll learn
- The seven elements of music
How the seven elements work together
concepts that WILL improve your ability to read, write, and perform
- How to critically evaluate different song structures
- Song-writing and team-building techniques of professional musicians
- A focused, open mind that is ready to learn!
- Dedicated time to learn – this is a high quality course that is jam-packed with useful information!
- Access to a printer for course materials (optional)
- An instrument (including your voice) to practice concepts with
“Andrew is a very good teacher. His love of comes through and his gentle approach is encouraging. Great voice too!” – Pat
“Andrew is very thorough in his teaching…I would definitely recommend Andrew to a friend. I like his approach and teaching technique. He is extremely positive…” – Stacy
After completing How to Not Suck , you will have a deep understanding of helpful theory, without the fluffy nerd stuff.
Andrew Smith’s core belief is that everyone can play . Now, his premium theory course is available on Udemy! It is designed for both complete beginners and somewhat-established musicians who want a deeper understanding of music. You can be playing and understanding in no time! Andrew simplifies complicated topics with straight-forward, structured, and energetic teaching – so get ready to make like a seasoned musician!
Are you ready?
- Beginner to beginner-intermediate (of any instrument)
- Anyone interested in using theory to improve their abilities