Making Partner: Essential skills to becoming partner at a leading management consulting firm
- Develop a structured approach to problem solving
- Use management consultant’s toolbox to create an effective business strategy
- Improve your ability to define challenging problems, prioritize issues, synthesize findings, and develop actionable recommendations
- Move teams, colleagues, clients, and leadership to action by carefully structuring and tailoring arguments
- Learn day-to-day management techniques that build alignment and engagement
- Develop feedback and coaching capabilities to unlock your team’s talent potential
- In order to get the most out of this course, you should have a basic understanding of business
- Keep in mind, some vocabulary may be used that may seem over your head but don’t worry, I present it in a way that should make sense
- It’d be very helpful if you know how management consultants work, but it’s optional
Starting your management consultant career? Make yourself stand out to employers and clients by developing a structured approach to problem solving, using management consultant’s toolbox to create an effective business strategy, moving teams, colleagues, clients, and leadership to action by carefully structuring and tailoring arguments, and developing feedback and coaching capabilities to unlock your team’s talent potential.
1. Problem solving
You can’t solve a problem unless you can get to the cause—and sometimes there’s more than one. In this section, learn consulting techniques for identifying the key issue problem, building decision tree, prioritizing the drivers, developing and testing an hypothesis, generating options, and selecting the best solutions.
2. Business strategy
A strategy is about how people throughout the organization should make decisions and allocate resources to accomplish key objective. A good strategy provides a clear roadmap consisting of a set of guiding principles that defines the actions people in the business should take and the things they should prioritize to achieve desired goals. In this section of the course, we will learn how to evaluate a strategy and apply management consulting toolkits to develop a business strategy to gain a sustainable advantage in the market.
Most people are afraid of speaking in public, but effective oral communication is a key skill in business. I’ll provide simple communication tools, strategies, and tips that are easy to use and produce immediate results.
4. Team management
Working in a team setting for any project can be challenging. Whether you’re the manager, a consultant, or any number of other team rolls, meeting expectations and delivering high quality work is difficult. I could give you the techniques that can help management consultants collaborate more efficiently as a team.
Enroll now, and I will see you in the course.
- This course is intended for industry professionals, consultants, and managers looking to advance their careers.
- Students and professionals that are looking to improve their management skills
- Those wishing to enter the consultancy profession – as internal or external consultants
- Those involved in undertaking consultancy projects