Learn financial analysis fast!
What you’ll learn
- Learn how to perform Financial Analysis
Basics of Cost / Managerial Accounting
Learn how to perform variance analysis
- Learn how to perform scenario analysis
- Learn how to determine if a business is profitable and why
- Basic Excel Skills
The purpose of this course is to teach you how to perform detailed financial analysis of a business’ (or your company’s) financial situation. This is Intro to Financial Analysis but covers the main topics of Cost / Managerial Accounting.
This course will show you where to focus your analysis and energy but will require you to dig into the financial–both the actual transactions and budget–to come up with the reason why things are happening.
We will work through this Google Sheet together (see course for link).
What You Will Learn
- Understanding costs and profit
- The difference between variable costs and fixed costs
- Contribution/Unit Margin, Total Margin or Profit
- Understanding break-even
- How many units do I need to sell to make sure I’m not losing money?
- Difference between profit and cash
- Why is cash king?
- Basics of budgeting and forecasting for a business
- Should I start this business?
- Basics of variance analysis
- Why didn’t I make as much money as I thought I would have?
- Beginner Finance and Accounting Students